Should I see an attorney before I see my chiropractor?
It is important to get checked out by the doctor first that way the findings from your exam will allow you the information you need in order to decide if an attorney is necessary.  If necessary we can refer you to a reputable and qualified attorney.

What if my car sustained only minor damage?
Documented studies done by Charles Carroll MD, Paul McAtee MD and Lee Riley MD revealed that the amount of damage to the automobile bears little relation to the force applied to the cervical spine (neck) of the occupants.

In other words the damage to the passenger is not necessarily directly related to the damage to the vehicle.

If I need treatment for this injury Do I have to pay for it myself?
No only in very rare circumstances does the patient pay for his care as he goes.  Our office provides care or credit when patients are represented by an attorney.  Some car insurance policies have what is called Med Pay.  This means that medical bills will be paid at 100% up to a certain limit.  My office can assist you in obtaining this information

Using your medical coverage should not raise your premiums.

The insurance company has been calling me and wants to settle  what should I do?
Do not sign or settle until you have had us evaluate your injury for you.  If you settle before your injury is fully resolved you will be completely on your own and will have to pay out of pocket for your care.

I've been to the hospital and my medical doctor Do I really need to see a chiropractor?
You need a doctor who focuses in the treatment and diagnosis of auto accident injuries.  Usually hospitals will check vital signs, make sure there are no life threatening conditions and release the patient with pain relief medication.  They normally do not treat the underlying improper musculoskeletal biomechanics that can and often lead to future pain.  If you still having problems, you should get a second opinion.

If your MD has given you pills, you must understand that pills do not correct structural or soft tissue damage.  There are special therapies designed for that and we offer these modalities at our office.

Does your care hurt?
Absolutely not. The care is very gentle and quite soothing.  Most patients can hardly wait to get their care.

Is the care safe?
Yes extremely. Particularly when compared to the side effects from medication.

If my driving privilege is suspended because I am not properly insured, is there a penalty to reinstate my license?
Yes. A reinstatement fee of $150 up to $500, for subsequent violations, must be paid and you must provide proof of current Florida Insurance.

I live outside Florida for 6 months a year. When not in Florida, my vehicle is in storage and not used. Must I maintain automobile insurance?
Yes. Any vehicle holding a valid Florida license plate and registration must be covered by a Florida insurance policy throughout the entire registration period. When you leave Florida, you may surrender your license plate and registration at the nearest driver license or tax collector office to avoid maintaining your policy. You can always register your vehicle upon your return to Florida at which time you can provide proof of Florida insurance.

I am not a resident of Florida but have business that keeps me in Florida sometime for several months at a time. Must I comply with Florida’s insurance law?
Yes. Any person who has a vehicle in Florida for more than 90 Days during 365 day period must purchase personal injury protection and property damage liability insurance coverage. The 90 days do not have to be consecutive.

I own multiple vehicles. Some are not used for different reasons, but the county I live in requires that the vehicles remain registered. Must I maintain insurance coverage on these vehicles?
Yes. Insurance coverage must be maintained throughout the entire vehicle registration period, whether the vehicle is used or not.

What can I do to avoid a driving privilege suspension when I choose not to insure a vehicle?
To avoid a driving privilege suspension, surrender the vehicle’s license plate and registration at any Florida driver license or Tax Collector office, prior to canceling your insurance policy.

If my driving privilege is suspended for no insurance, will I be granted a temporary driver license for Business or Employment purposes?
No. There is no provision in Florida’s motor vehicle insurance laws for the issuance of any sort of temporary or restricted drivers license for financial responsibility suspensions.

I am self employed as a taxi driver and the only vehicle I own is registered as a taxicab. Must I carry automobile insurance?
Yes. You must carry Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) coverage of $125,000.00 per person, $250,000.00 per occurrence and $50,000.00 for property damage liability (PDL) coverage.

I am moving out of state and will not be registered in Florida anymore. Can I cancel my insurance?
DO NOT cancel your insurance until you have registered in the other state. Florida insurance is required as long as you are registered in Florida, regardless of whether you drive in Florida. Once you are registered in the other state, you can cancel Florida insurance and comply with the insurance requirements of the state you have moved to. If you are retaining the same carrier they can switch you simultaneously with registration change.

I am registering a vehicle for the first time in Florida. Is automobile insurance mandatory?
Yes, if you own a vehicle with at least four wheels and are registering it, you must have Florida insurance.

What type of insurance is required to purchase and maintain a Florida license plate and registration?
Florida minimum coverage is $10,000.00 personal injury protection (PIP) and $10,000.00 property damage liability (PDL) as long as you have a valid Florida plate.

What is “Personal Injury Protection” (PIP) insurance?
Also called Florida No Fault Insurance, Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance covers you regardless of fault (ie whether or not you cause the crash) up to the limits of your policy. Your PIP will also cover your child, members of your household, certain passengers who lack PIP insurance as long as they do not own a vehicle. People riding in your vehicle who carry PIP will receive coverage under their own PIP for their injuries, and certain licensed drivers who drive your vehicle with your permission. PIP also covers your child if he or she suffers an injury while riding on a school bus. PIP coverage protects you while in someone else’s vehicle, as a pedestrian, or bicyclist if you suffer an injury in a crash involving a motor vehicle.

The Florida Motor Vehicle No Fault Law, requires all owner/registrants of a motor vehicle with four wheels or more to carry a minimum of $10,000.00 of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and $10,000.00 of property damage liability (PDL) if you own a motor vehicle in Florida. Florida law requires you to maintain PIP/PDL insurance continuously throughout the licensing and registration period.

What is “Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) insurance?
Bodily injury liability coverage pays for serious and permanent injury or death to others when you cause a crash involving your automobile. Your insurance company will pay for injuries up to the limits of our policy and provide legal representation for you if you get sued. In particular your company pays for injuries caused by you or members of your family who live with you, even if they were driving someone else’s vehicle. It may also cover others who drive your automobile with permission. This coverage also provides you with legal defense in the event you are sued by the injured party.

What is “Property Damage Liability” (PDL) insurance?
This coverage pays for damages you or members of your family cause (and are liable for) to other people’s property in a crash involving a motor vehicle.

What is meant by “Florida Coverage”?
Florida coverage is an insurance policy delivered or issued for delivery in Florida by an insurance company licensed by the Florida Department of Financial Services.

Can I maintain my current policy issued in my previous state of residence?
No. The minimum required insurance must be issued through a Florida agent with an insurance company licensed to sell in Florida. Most insurers have Florida agents and are licensed to issue policies in Florida. Just ask your agent to transfer your current insurance to Florida when you register a vehicle in Florida.

What if I fail to keep insurance on my vehicle that I have registered in Florida?
The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle is authorized to suspend your driving priviledge, including your vehicle license plate and registration, for up to 3 years or until proof of Florida Insurance is provided, whichever is first.